Welcome to Velas Blockchain User Guides
WEB & DESKTOP WALLET RESTORATION GUIDE
Before starting the recovery process, you should keep these points in mind
Velas’ support team will NEVER ask your seed words.
The restoration process allows you to access the funds using our seed words.
Every time you restore your Velas Wallet we can set up a different PIN/Password to protect the device locally.
You are the only one who knows your seed words, if you have lost them nobody can provide it.
Try to keep your device protected, by providing antivirus and run analysis periodically to keep it safe and secure on your computer.
Open Web Wallet/Desktop App
- Access web wallet (https://wallet.velas.com) or open desktop wallet app, and choose to restore the account.
Choose Your Seed Format
- Choose 12, 24, or custom words based on your word seed backup.
Setup Your PIN/Password
- Enter the PIN/Password you want, and hit the Setup button to continue.
Enter Your Seed
- Enter your seed word by word, don ́t rush it, and double-check your inputs to ensure that the order of the words and the spelling is accurate and correct. For security reasons, you will be asked to enter the words randomly, it always marks by a number to indicating which words are the ones you have to enter.
- If you entered all the words in the correct order and spelled them correctly, you
will see your usual addresses, your transaction history, and your balance.
- In case you have not been able to recover your funds, you can try to repeat
the process, alternatively, try on another browser or another device.